Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You couldn't write it!

Unbelievable! Have you seen the forecast? I mean, it's been lovely - calm, mild, blue skies, (ish) and it' good tomorrow but Thursday onwards - don't even go there! Wind speeds of up to 30 MPH, very heavy rain, freezing temperatures and even sleet and snow possible! Has someone got it in for me? I must have been someone very bad in my previous life! I just want a bit of sun and calm weather - is that too much to ask: after al that's exactly what we got during the last half term when I spent all week working on the boat and in the bilge. A neighbour recently commented that I wasn't a proper boater as a proper boater stops working occasionally to enjoy it! Good point but whenever I decide to stop, the weather is so bad I'm huddled inside round the fire so can't enjoy it and might as well get on with more work! Selling the boat in favour of a new life abroad looks increasingly more enticing every time I lok at the weather forecast!

Ah well, only one more day at school to survive then I'm off into the Arctic towards the North Pole that is Fradley Junction battling my way down Atherstone through hurricanes and getting soaked through for my troubles - lovely way of life boating. Why don't they ever show the real picture on TV?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home