Friday, March 07, 2008

What a week!

Another week has been and gone and what a week it was too! With the allocated places at secondary school being released and posted this week, my kids were very 'on edge'! As a result, they were extremely hard work and we fell out on too many occasions than I liked! A total difference in behaviour and attitude was noticed once the places were known and the kids had it 'out of their system' - it's aweful how much stress these poor little mites are under and it's even worse being part of the 'system' that puts the stress on them. Parents evenings on Thursday meant a late night and running the school discos this evening meant that I have only just sat down to write this blog at 25 to midnight.

The forecast at the weekend is pretty lousy. I may get a phone call at some point to help a new boater through the Braunston locks on his route to join the rapidly growing community at Brinklow. Other than that, I need to get some more crickets for Lenny and an extra ceramic heat bulb as his tank isn't really getting warm enough for him at the moment.

A camp site has been booked for my walking holiday in May with my father - the Lake District this year. Easter looms closer and my next trip out in the boat is extremely eagerly anticipated as it seems such a long time since I last got 'out and about'. Still not sure where to go,my plans for the Avon and Stratford seem a little ambitious for the time and another suggestion has been the Nene - any comments appreciated! Before then, more parents evenings next week, more the following week etc. etc.

Almost 2 weeks ago, I sent off my T-Mobile data card for a warranty repair - I am still waiting for its return despite being told it would only take a few days. This just confirms my decision to cancel it as soon as it is eventually returned! I got a letter yesterday thanking me for signing up with Tiscali broadband and confirming my details. If their time scale is to be believed, I should get my broadband modem etc. this coming week - I just hope they don't run their company anything like as ineficiently as BT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home