Monday, March 03, 2008

Will anyone explain!

I haven't a clue how this is going to work? It seems as if we are now going to have to declare how much of my fuel is for propulsion and how much for heating/generating etc. every time I fill up - how on earth do I work that out as it totally depends on how cold it is etc. See what I mean here.

Well, stick this in yer pipe and smoke it Europe - I think I use 100% for heating so I qualify for 100% of my diesel at the lower rate of taxation and whose going to police it and prove me otherwise?!

Can someone somewhere tell me what the purpose of Europe is other than to continually enforce mindless beurocracy on systems they know nothing about in countries they know nothing about!!??

I'm now going to have to start logging every time I switch the central heating on and keep endless reams of mindless paperwork just to enjoy boating. Every time I go cruising, I'm charging my batteries so do I then get charged the rate for propulsion or generating? The continuous moorers will be laughing all the way as they never move and spend all day running engines to charge batteries, whereas people who have the sheer cheek and audacity to actually move their boat get penalised. Madness, total, utter madness - someone, somewhere please wake up and allow common sense and brain power to creep in just a tiny little bit!!

9 Comments:

At 1:24 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Andy,

I suspect I will not be travelling (officially) much from my mooring - mainly running the engine for hot water and battery charging.

I think this is the best result we could have hoped for. In a few months everyone will be saying 95% for heating etc and 5% for getting me here to fill up - result I say. (Having just paid £1.15 at Scotch corner for diesel)

Nev

 
At 2:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chill out Andy, take it in the continental way - see Grannt's post:

http://www.grannybuttons.com/granny_buttons/2008/03/red-diesel-to-s.html

 
At 4:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One way around it is to keep a log of how many hours between each fil up the boat is actually moving. Then assume 1 litre multiplied by hours moved and that is your propulsion. Everything else is heating and lighting.

Mukiwa

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks all for the comments. I guess in response to Martin, it's going to be a typical case of the rest of Europe ignores rubbish like this but claims to be doing it and we Brits. take it all literally and follow it by the book and get penalised as a result. Look at BSE, bird flue etc etc. We admit it and everyone bans our meat as if they don't have it.....

OK got the message, so we all totally ignore it and claim rediculously exaggerated figures just to keep Europe happy? Personally, I'd rather tell them it's ludicrous!!

 
At 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Europe! Now there's a whole question..! What's it's use. Well it has more sunshine, (though today I wouldn't rather be anywhere but here) nice wine and cheese, (although we make both just as good) AHA - they have bigger canals, and less taxes.....

 
At 2:34 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I don't consider bigger canals is a use! I would prefer our smaller ones any day!! LOL

 
At 2:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, can I tell you about a new narrowboaters web site please in the hope that you would add it to your links list?. Called Narrowboaters Moan/Praise page

http://narrowboats.aimoo.com/
Its place to vent your anger or give praise to other boaters or BW etc. You dont have to join or use your real name. Many thanks

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

There you go - you've got your link!

 
At 8:57 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

....although the only thing I'd like to moan about is boaters who moan about boating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home