Wednesday, February 27, 2008

BT update

This BT thing is even more fun than boating! I have a new hobby and it's called 'BT goading'! I have to say, I'm getting really quite good at it too. Got another phone call this morning from BT customer services confirming that my line activation was booked for Friday 29th February between 1.00pm and 6.00pm. I phoned 'Maggie' from the Chairman's office and she 'hoped' that this might happen depending on the cable layers. On arriving home, I got yet another letter from BT welcoming me to them and confirming that my line activation will take place on.....

.....Tuesday 26th February - I received the letter today, Wednesday 27th February!!

Apparently the cable layers have now finished the cabling for my pontoon and I have plugged a phone line into it in eager anticipation, (actually I wanted to check that it wasn't already live!) I shall phone Maggie again tomorrow and inform her that the cablers have finished and enquire about activation- oh, and the small matter of being told what my phone number is!

4 Comments:

At 9:36 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Andy,

Sooo close to getting the install done, fingers crossed. BT did me proud, after ignoring me for some while. They have reduced my bill and supplied me with the home hub, which arrived as they said it would last week.
Now it’s just TomTom I am battling with, but that is another story,

Good luck,

Nev

 
At 8:32 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

So close but it still seems so far away! Congratulations - you win!!

Now to the TomTom story. Spooky as I have a TomTom battle story too: all to do with their stupid re-activation system when you have to re-install it on a new PDA!

 
At 11:06 pm, Blogger Nev Wells said...

Snap - I have just had to send a letter of complaint to Amsterdam, I am waiting for an activation code after I dropped my phone in the canal

http://nevsblogaroony.blogspot.com/2008/02/ooops-revenge-of-mice-sort-of.html

My problem is as I upgraded from v5 to v6 electronically I never actually received a product code - and guess what - you need the product code to reinstall the sw - TomTom only store your product code for 1 year , then they delete it. The best they could offer was to buy the whole software again......

I'll let you know how I get on!

Nev

 
At 7:20 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Sounds familiar! My issue was giving my old PDA to my father who then wanted to uninstall his TomTom from the old PDA and re-install it on the new one. I had to write a letter to TomTom to confirm that I had given my father the old PDA before they would accept that there was no proof of purchase to show and issue him a new code!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home