Thursday, February 28, 2008

Earthquakes!

I woke up yesterday morning to the news of an earthquake that had been felt even as far as Rugby! Apparently everyone at school had been woken up by the rumblings and rattlings. That's one advantage of living afloat - I felt nothing but do vaguely remember hearing what I thought was a particularly loud train passing in the middle of the night. I guess the boat may have rocked a little more than normal but it certainly hasn't split the banks to any canal locally!!

Two more phone calls today with 'Maggie' from BT. The cabling is now complete and it is possible that the OpenReach engineer may come out tomorrow to activate my line. It's only a possibility as apparently when the order was placed it was flagged as 'bronze'. This means that the infrastructure is not yet in place. It now is and although the last order flagged as bronze, (twice,) and it still didn't stop an engineer turning up to activate a line that wasn't even installed, I would expect that on this occasion, when I actually want them to turn up and it's all ready for them - they probably won't!

Another weekend looms and I'm looking forward to meeting up with Derek and Sheila from (embryonic,) NB Clarence on Saturday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home