Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm connected!!

At last!!
Over a month from my first attempt, I finally have a BT line up and running! Got a phone call at 1.00 this afternoon from the engineer to tell me he was on site - my hopes got up and sure enough, when I returned home from work the phone was working. A phone call to Maggie not only told me my phone number, (email me if you want it!) but also a hard driven deal on my part was struck by way of compensation; I won't go into details but suffice to say, I won't be paying anything to BT until at least September 2008!!
Doesn't look a lot... but this little white wire connects me to the world!
One quick phone call later and Tiscali had a new customer for their 'free anytime phone calls and unlimited broadband with wireless router' package! This should arrive in 7-10 working days. Let's hope this all works OK now!

6 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done I admire your perseverance.I like to read about life on the cut, my brother&sister in laws are your nieghbours on Sancusci{ don't tell them I've spelt it wrong} but say hello from the Barnsley team, would love to hear more about life in your floating village may be you could have The Archers Afloat!

 
At 10:14 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and thanks. I'm never going to criticise people who mis-spell boat names, not while I'm living on Khayamanzi anyway!

Glad you enjoy the blog - Archers afloat.... now there's an idea!

 
At 12:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Though it's a few days too late, if you dial 17070, it will put you through to the BT line test facility, which first tells you your number then option one will ring you back to make sure it's all working. Might help someone that finds your site in a search engine!

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks for this Matt - yup, too late but thanks anyway!

 
At 1:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,
When you untie to go cruising, don't forget you have another line to take care of !!

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I've thought about that one! It's even harder to remember as my electrics is connected at the back and the phone is connected at the front!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home