Saturday, March 15, 2008

That ruined her day!

Just to buck the trend, the third disaster hasn't yet arrived! In fact, today has gone remarkably well. Managed to service the batteries, polish the boat, (just in time before it rained!) cleaned inside a bit, completed lots of washing, ironing etc etc. This afternoon I got a phone call on my BT line from a lady asking if I would be willing to undertake market research into my recent contact with BT on their behalf. She assured me it wouldn't take long so before agreeing I asked her how long she had before coming off shift! Needless to say it was a very interesting and lengthy phone call which concluded with her asking if I would be willing to let BT hear the recording and contact me should they wish to - I agreed whole-heartedly!
This evening, Martyn from TravelSat, (07914 401036) arrived to take a look at my system! An amazing guy who seems to have the art of which-craft down to a fine art. After chanting a few incantations and boiling up the heads of a few lizards in a steaming couldron he had the highest signal bars I have ever seen on my screen!
A few tweaks of the aerial outside....
.....a little tinkle with the wires inside.....
.....and hey presto Wales hammering France in glorious digital colour!
Highly recommended for all things digital and 'pictures flying through the air' related!
Tomorrow, I plan to relax - is that allowed? In fact, it's starting this evening with the latest copy of Waterways World just out!
Oh, and by the way; my wireless connection connected first time this evening. It did drop half way through the evening and I had to re-start the laptop to get it back but hey, it seems good now.
Oh yes, one more thing, my Easter trip now looks increasingly like north instead of southbound. The plan now seems to be north to Fradley junction, collect 'mon pere' from there and then turn right towards Alrewas and Bourton on the T & M - another little stretch I have never done and very pretty and interesting by all accounts - any further comments gratefully received!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home