Monday, July 02, 2007

Burglers and boats!

A great start to the week! Arrived in work this morning to discover that we had a major break in over the weekend. Lots of computer equipment was stolen from the Special Needs department along with projectors, laptops and digital cameras. Three rooms were broken into and one classroom was turned upside-down. It's worrying that such low life exists around about us and with whom we rub shoulders with on a daily basis totally unaware of their spurious evening and night time activities.

More heavy rain today ensured that my roads home were flooded and my flowers beaten down still more. The playground at school was flooded and for a brief moment, I was, once again stranded in my classroom. I am now sitting typing this entry with the wind howling round the boat and the temperature at only 13 degrees and falling rapidly.

My closest friends will know that my ultimate boating ambition has always been to own a trad. with a vintage engine thumping away. Recently, I have started browsing ApolloDuck and Boat finder at just such boats. Don't panic, I am not, (very sadly,) in a position to buy but it is good to look and dream. I could sell my boat for around 60,000 but would need to look at spending around 80,000 for the type of boat I want. Any donations of anything up to 20,000 can be sent to me at ..............


Anyway, my specification is as follows;
  • 60 foot length,
  • Fully traditional including boatmans cabin,
  • Vintage 2 cylinder - preferably RN or Kelvin,
  • Pump out toilet,
  • NOTa cross bed or bathroom!
  • Decent battery/inverter set-up or cacooned genset/travel-pack,
  • Solid fuel stove in saloon and also in boatmans,
  • Diesel central heating,
  • Good sized front cratch,
  • Nice, cosy interior fit-out of a high quality,
  • Portholes,
  • Ideally recessed name panels,
  • Top quality paint job,
  • Speedwheel controls

Basically - a real head-turner! If anyone knows of such a boat for sale - do let me know. I'm beginning to miss my vintage stationary engines and feel the need for some brass to lovingly polish at weekends!

2 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,

Re your dream boat - Have you seen nb Caiman?
P150 July Waterways world. Initial price is not miles from your budget.

I had a serious look at that one before commiting to the new one.

All the best

Derek (famous buttons)

 
At 9:45 am, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi Derek and thanks for this. I did look at that one but can't remember why I rejected it right now, I just rememeber the name! I'll take another look tonight. Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home