Sunday, June 24, 2007

Party!


What a weekend - I'm exhausted!! Woke up yesterday morning and went to Tesco for shopping for the party in the evening. Came back and took the boat for diesel and pump-out, Spent the rest of the day working out how to erect 3 large gazebo's in readiness as the weather was, to say the least, 'iffy'! A huge thanks to Chris and Jeff from NB Libs who moored up with me and helped hugely over the weekend in the preparation and then again the clearing up. A good night was had by all and even the weather held off and smiled on us for the evening.
Woke up this morning with the rain lashing down and the wind blowing things around. I now know why these gazebo's only advertise themselves as being 'shower proof' Cleared up, packed away and was pack in the marina by about 1.00pm ish to sort out the boat and take a car load of bits in to school to return. The rain did, eventually die down and I even managed to get my gazebo dried before packing it away.
Only four weeks till my big summer trip! I got a lot of tips last night at the bar-b-q from Chris and Jeff who used to base on the K & A which was extremely useful and I now can't wait to get off and tackle the Thames again and break into new territory on the K & A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home