Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fishy!

Thought I would post a picture of Jaws! Jaws is a pure white ghost carp, (so I am reliably informed!) and he's big - very big.In fact the picture doesn't actually do him justice. He is a magnificent monster who has spent the day today swimming lazily round in amongst a shoal of thousands of little fish. It was the most amazing spectacle I have seen and we spent a long time feeding Jaws with half a loaf of bread to re-pay him for presenting himself to us in such a glorious manner. Now, as a rule,I don't 'do' fish - certainly not hanging worms on hooks for them, ut seeing this one in it's natural and relaxed surroundings was great. It's lovely to think that I'm sharing my water with many creatures like this.

I went for a long paddle in the canoe this afternoon up to 'Rose' and back which was great and fed, watered and dead-headed the flowers on my boat and in the marina. Upon my return, I spent a good hour or so 'perched', (pardon the fishy pun!) on the front gunwale of NB Four Winds chatting about everything and nothing. It has been noted that there was a considerable number of young people at the Crick show this year. Now in the normal run of things - it would be good to encourage more young people into the past time of boating however, I fear that many of them were there as a foothold onto the floating property ladder rather than to embark on a passion of boating. I know that many may become passionate as a result and may-be my cinicism is unfounded and stuffy but my views on this are well known and documented - I'm a traditionalist at heart!

2 Comments:

At 5:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

Welcome home. Great picture of you and Simba looking down the hill on the previous posting. Glad you had a good trip.

Best wishes,

Mark

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks Mark.I didn't even know my dad took that picture but I do like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home