Thursday, May 10, 2007

Weather and weekend!

Only in England......

........Last night I was blown around by winds that, according to my anemometer, gusted at almost 50 MPH! I had to tie down the TV aerial and take down the satellite dish! Today it has rained almost all day and this evening the outside temperature reads 8 degrees and I've had to light the fire. Steve and Julia from NB Even Balance are coming up the weekend and invited me to Braunston for a 'meet up'. It sounded exciting but with reports desperately needing to be written, weather forecast not great, a very stressful week at school this week and only a couple of weeks before leaving the boat with my brother -I have felt I had to decline. My batteries desperately need topping up and checking, my carpet urgently needs washing, the whole boat really needs cleaning etc. etc. Driving out to work this morning and I noticed 2 boats passing each other on the stretch of canal that runs parallel to Cathiron Lane. A second glance confirmed that one of the boats was my good friends on board NB Snecklifter. I pulled the car into a sharp reverse, backed up,stopped and managed a fleeting yell 'hi' to them as they passed. They confirmed they were on their way to Braunston for the weekend before heading south for the summer. Now I really want to go down to Braunston for the weekend but really can't afford the time!
School today involved dealing with children who scribed their names across desks and a 'pulling down someones trousers' joke that went very wrong - I'll leave you to imagine that one!! I have earned my entire summer holidays break in one day today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home