Saturday, April 21, 2007

Weekend.


Well, it seems weeks since my last entry and even longer since my Easter cruise! I'm still moored up outside the marina at the moment as the sun is still shining! Went up to get a pump out, diesel and water this morning and had a bit of fun turning at the 'Rose' yard with all the day boats and hire boats everywhere. My thanks to Tony Collins of the Cov. Cruising Clun for his suggestion to me some time back, (at least, I think it was him!) that I should use 'Fuel Set' in my tank to help keep the Eberspacher central heating boiler clear. Many people swear by the stuff and I might be becoming a convert! I reported a while back that my boiler was mis-firing at startup on a number of occasions. I started using Fuel set and it seems to be clearing. I don't want to tempt fate too early but it has only mis-fired once so far in over 8 hours of use since using this stuff. At fifteen plus quid a bottle - it's not cheap but seems to be good and I have since heard that Eberspacher now actually recommend the stuff for marine applications.
As I returned and was banging in the mooring pins, I had a visit from 4 friends from Trinity walking down the towpath to see me which was nice - the kettle was duely put on and the fridge was duely raided!
Went for a long paddle in the canoe this afternoon which was good but I'm suffering for it now!
The sun is still shining although it is getting a little chillier in the evenings and the forecast is set to break this coming week. Boat Safety Certificate on Monday. Silly I know, but I am quite nervous about it - it's kind of a bit like having your house inspected and surveyed as well as your hobby and holiday home all rolled into one. A lot rides on this! Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home