Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter holiday - Day four







Another busy day! Gave the instrument panel a rub down and a final coat of varnish this morning then re-assembled all the instrument dials etc. Temperatures soared today and I actually got the shorts out the cupboard for the first time this year - not a pretty sight! With the temperatures as they were, the varnish dried quite quickly and by mid to late afternoon I felt brave enough to apply the decals. The pictures show the finished woodwork and very smart it looks too! I also managed to sweep the chimney and thoroughly clean out the stove, polish and hoover the inside of the boat ready for Easter and polished the outside of the boat with the proper 'International' Teflon polish that brings it up beautifully and protects it for the summer. I polished one side and then decided to turn it round and polish the other side so I'm now facing back down the Ashby ready for the trip to Tixell that begins on Saturday with my father. This evening my brother is due to arrive for the night. He is on the M40 as I type this and should arrive at some point soon.


Plans for tomorrow: absolutely nothing if the weather is like today! All my jobs are now complete and so I feel chatting to my brother on the bank, in the sun, with a cold beer is the aim of tomorrow - sounds good!

2 Comments:

At 1:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

Bill The Boat here. Roses look good - I cant remember if I saw them when you passed back through Sutton Stop.

Have a gudun

Bill

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Cheers Bill. Yeah, I'm quite pleased with them I must say!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home