Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter holiday - Day three

No pictures today! I didn't want to post any pictures of the newly varnished woodwork as I thought I would wait until I have totally finished and applied the decals!. Managed to rub it down and get a second coat on. For the side hatch doors and the rear doors, 2 coats is fine and so I screwed all the brassware back on. The instrument panel needs another coat tomorrow so the engine room is still in a mess for another night. A glorious day with much of it spent sitting out in the sun in between jobs. Made a new rubber seal for the tiller bearing as the old one was perished. Cut up a few more logs this evening and then went out for a paddle in the kayak to enjoy the long shadows cast by the evening setting sun.

Plans for tomorrow include, finishing off the instrument panel, polishing the outside of the boat and touching up a few rust spots that I applied 'rust killer' on that I saw on the rear sliding hatch. Hopefully some pictures tomorrow especially as the weather is forecast to be up to 18 degrees with more hot sunshine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home