Sunday, March 18, 2007

Snow again!




What a bizarre weekend! The school discos on Friday evening meant that I didn't get home until around 10.00pm. A hectic evening then insued with washing, battery charging, dinner cooking/eating and fire setting. Finally getting to bed at gone midnight. Had a meeting first thing Saturday morning and then spent the afternoon doing all the jobs I didn't quite get round to on Friday! Sunday was spent ferrying some friends to collect their car as they have just moved their boat to another marina doing some school work and tidying up a few bits around the marina here.
Imagine my surprise went I went into the bathroom this afternoon witht he outside temperature reading 8 degrees and came out with it reading 2.4 degrees and a layer of white covering the ground! I think it was more hail and sleet than actual snow but it did make everything look quite pretty and I have uploaded a couple of pictures above of my spring flowers on the roof looking resplendant in the snow. A biting wind all weekend and the forecast of more snow, sleet and wind next week is set to prove that we aren't quite 'out of the woods' as far as winter is concerned quite yet! I did manage to get one decent length walk in for Simba this weekend but the biting wind and the profusion of spring lambs which kept him on his lead most of the time meant that I don't think either of us were particularly sorry to return back to the warmth of the boat.
Edited at 9.00pm!
Disaster - end of the series of 'Wild at Heart'! For the last 6 weeks or so, my Sunday evening has rounded off with a South African bottle of wine, a vibrating massage from my massage chair (!) and Wild at Heart on ITV1. This evening was the last in the series. I don't think there has ever been a series on TV that I have followed quite so religiously as Wild at Heart. I guess this programme can really only be fully appreciated by those who have visited and have fond memories of South Africa. Next week, I will have to find another programme to end my weekend and accompany my bottle of wine - perhaps back to classic FM TV, a great way to truely unwind and end the weekend in readiness for the stress of the forth-coming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home