Friday, March 02, 2007

Trying to be interesting!

What can I say - I will try to be interesting tonight; even though I don't really have anything interesting to say! You know what they say - one man's rubbish is another man's interest! My deepest apologies to those who follow my blog on a regular basis and who have found it deprived of interest over the last few weeks. The truth is, for many, varied and legitimate reasons I haven't been out in the boat for some time with regard to weekend trips and life has become somewhat void of fascinating or inciteful nuggets of wisdom to impart!

Well, here goes....

We have had a lot of interest at school in our bird box camera kit with a pair of blue-tits popping in and out on a regular basis. See some video footage at:
http://www.eco-watch.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BBCR04

Martin Plant, the engineer, is coming tomorrow morning at 8.30, (!) to replace my battery bank. Perfect timing as this evening, I didn't even have enough power for my washing machine or hoover. The last set of cells have lasted me 4 years which is good but it will be good to get some reliable power again on board. My planned exciting trip to Rose Narrowboats for essential routine boat services is still on with the weather forecast to be relatively OK for Saturday but dreadful on Sunday. Bill from next door took a trip out today up to Rose for no other reason than to escape and get gas - I did think of him whilst standing in the middle of a busy playground at school this morning as the weather was glorious. I hope to make a trip to Braunston at some point over the weekend to support the SOW campaign weekend. Right now, the rain is lashing down on the boat so hard that I've had to turn the volume up to watch Frost!

About a year ago, I was asked to attend court as a witness to something. The first 2 occasions and the case was postponed at the last minute, then I attended. The case was then continued and I was requested to attend a second time, again, at the last minute it was postponed. By this time, I was cross and only attended again on the condition that they sent a taxi to collect and deliver me from school. I sent them a bill raised by my school for the cost of a supply for one afternoon, (approximately 80 pounds,) and got sent a cheque for 4 poinds 95! Today they had the cheek to send a letter asking me to attend again. I'm afraid I got very cross and phoned them up to inform them that there was no way I was going to attend voluntarily and that they would have to send a taxi for me and deliver me back and I would need in writing, before the day, that they would cover a days supply cover for me. The school would have had to find almost 700 pounds to cover the cost of this. It has certainly made me think twice if ever I was requested to be a witness for anything again and made me realise even more how much pompous judges believe the entire world should revolve around them - after all,why should my school be penalised for my actions in being an upright citizen? If my blog ever goes quiet for an extended and unscheduled period - find me a good solicitor as I've probably been arrested. I know one thing, if I do have to attend again, I shall answer every question with a resolut, "I'm sorry but I can't remember!" If I prove to be a useless witness - maybe they'll regret muckingme about and never call me again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home