Sunday, February 18, 2007

Be warned not to buy Sony Ericsson!

Below is a copy of an email I sent this evening to Sony Ericsson regarding my K750i handset. Be warned that I do not consider these phones safe to rely on when on the canals!

Having owned mobile phones from the very first day they were on public sale and through the same network for the last 10-15 years, and having cruised extensively much of England in my narrowboat during that time, I feel well qualified to make the following statement:

I have owned phones of almost all makes and types and my latest acquisition was a Sony Ericsson K750i. Alarm bells should have started ringing when I got home and realised that amongst the 20 or so 'polywhatsit' ring tones, there was none even remotely resembling a telephone ringing. My telephone had an excellent camera facility, first class video messenging service, brilliant MP3 player, amazing internet service, superb fm radio, awesome organiser.... but simply the worst ability to pick up a signal through my network I have ever had the miss-fortune to rely upon.

Why is it that modern mobile phones, (and yours seems to be the worst at this,) spend all their effort and technological capablilities developing gimmicks for young teenagers and totally ignore the most valuable apsect of a TELEPHONE? After repeated complaints to my network provider, they have, at last agreed with me and obliged in providing a free upgrade, (well within my first year with your phone,) and I am eagerly awaiting my new Nokia so that I can start making and receiving calls again.

I need to add on this blog that I am extremely pleased with the service from Orange in acknowledging this problem and being prepared to waive the upgrade fee in order to 'get me sorted'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home