Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Half term - day two!




A lovely day! Weather glorious and sunny to start but did cloud over as the day progressed. Started the day with a full fried breakfast and eventually set off at about 9.15. A clear run through the Napton flight as not only were they all in our favour but many of the entrance gates had been left open. In fact, I just commented to my dad that you couldn't get more favourable conditions with the locks and the very next lock, we found a family of walkers who were there to help us through and opened all the gates for us!


Turned at Fenny Compton and started heading back, finally mooring at bridge 130 at 3.30pm. Enough time for me to go off for a paddle in the kayak and for dad to do some work in preparation for this interview on Thursday. My radio/CD playerin the engine room which I use when cruising has given up the ghost. I think it got just a bit too much water in it once too often and I now have to look for another unit as soo as I get back. Tomorrow, we back up through the Napton flight and plan to moor up at the Bridge Inn. I have posted 2 pictures above of my 2 new boxes made by my father! The first is the chainsaw box, complete with protruding chain guard and the second is a very smart box which covers my generator to keep the rain off it, complete with a clear perspex panel at the back to allow me to see the warning lights. I have suggested that my dad ought to go into business making and selling boxes of odd shapes for all those little narrowboat jobs!
Anyway - I'm sitting here nowlistening to the rain lashing down on the front cratch and the wind whistling round us. Surprisingly, I managed to get an excellent satellite signal almost straight away this evening so that's one bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home