Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Half term planning!

Things are looking good for a half term trip away! I break up on Friday 9th February for the week and the current plans are either down the south Oxford to Banbury and beyond or to Braunston, Grand Union past Gayton and beyond. A lengthy Skype with my father tomorrow evening pouring over charts should decide! Still planning the summer trip down the Thames and Kennet and Avon to Bristol and back - already the anticipation is growing!

Kayaking at the weekend planned. My brother is bringing my old kayak back up to me from his house and planning on bringing his stunt boat up so that we can go off out and paddle up and down the Oxford. I plan on keeping the kayak then to use more often - I have to loose the belly somehow!

The temperatures have been quite barmy recently! Night time temperatures of 7+ degrees and daytime ones hitting 10+ degrees. Last night, it dropped and a small frost had to be contended with first thing but this soon cleared leaving another warm and 'spring-like' day!

2 Comments:

At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I guess that my vague plan of dropping in on you on the 10th is probably not a good idea :-)

Currently at Shipton, so should be able to make it to Oxford tomorrow.

Maybe meet up with you somewhere on the South Oxford if you head that way. It's been very quiet out here the last week and a half. A couple of oncoming boats a day on average.

Banbury was quiet, Boats moored along the visitor moorings on way into the town, but virtually none actually in town or below the lock.

I'll keep an eye on where you're headed.

I think I'll be stopping in braunston again to get a data card antenna. Card itself is on the roof tonight to get me a decent signal.

Have a good trip,
Andy and Katy.

 
At 8:27 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there, glad to hear you're having a good trip - Skyped you this evening to share my plans for next week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home