Thursday, January 25, 2007

Last night's post!

I typed all this up last night for last night's entry and then Blogger went down and I was unable to publish. Fortunately I had saved it in Word first so have copied and pasted it below. The date ought to read Wednesday 24th January 2007!

OK, I lied! This morning we did get a bit of snow. Not much - only about an inch and it was almost all gone by lunch time but it did make everywhere look very pretty. The drive out the lane this morning was beautiful as the trees were all outlined in a shadow of white, sticky snow. A hectic day at school attempting to stop snowball fights, (which always contain handfulls of accompanied grit!)

My brother is coming to visit on the weekend of 3rd/4th of February and bringing my old Perception kayak back up to me so that I can start canoeing again and he plans to bring his own stunt kayak up so that we can go off for a paddle!

Steve and Julia are up from Cornwall this weekend to visit their boat and hope to pop in and visit on Saturday afternoon. It is nice to maintain the contact from some of my good friends from Trinity. John, (NB Helen Louise,) Skyped me this evening to discuss a few things with me and told me that a short trip out and up the Ashby this morning resulted in them crunching through ice. In the interest of preventing a premature 'hull sanding', the decided to turn back to the marina. I haven't been out to see if the Oxford is frozen over or night.

I read with interest this evening that Microsoft has issued 90 'bloggers' with state of the art laptops loaded with the new Vista operating system for them to test and hopefully 'rave' over on their blogs. Apparently, the test has backfired as those bloggers have considered it nothing but a bribe and many of their readers have informed them that they have lost credability if they go through with the trial! It does go to show, however, the seriousness that is being taken as blogging rapidly gains more cudos as a serious form of publishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home