Sunday, January 21, 2007

Claustrophobia!

Since residing principally on Khayamanzi, this is the longest time I have remained static without at least a weekend cruise. I'm beginning to understand why some live-aboards consider it claustrophobic. I certainly could not live on a boat if cruising was not an option - my world seems to have shrunk considerably and I feel I'm simply living in a very small toothpaste tube. The adventures and freedom of the outside world around are temporarily not at my disposal.

Spent much of the day marking school books! A welcome breather allowed me the chance to go and cut some more logs ready for the forecasted cold week ahead. This activity I undertook until the saw chain had hit just a little too much mud and then I retired to re-sharpen the chain and clean/store the saw. Life constantly has its ups and downs but sitting here now half way down a bottle of Year 2000 vintage 'Chateau La Couronne' The ups and downs seems to be slightlu outweighed by the 'ups'! A roaring log fire, a snoozing dog in front of it and 'Wild at Heart' on the TV - I can't complain!

Simba hasn't really had much of a run this weekend due to how busy I've been. Normally I make sure he has had at least one really good, long towpath walk every weekend; as much for my sanity as his, but this weekend - it just hasn't happened.

This half term is so short, I only have 3 more weeks until half term which is good. I really hope I can get out in the boat as by that time, I'll be going mad and now dad's motor caravan has been stolen - we won't even be able to go off camping. Boy, will I need some freedom, fresh air and wide open spaces by that time and I'll have to find them somehow. Anyone got a caravan I could borrow and tow behind my car for that week so I can get out and away!?

Just to end, I want to post the link for the BBC interview with David Suchet which was recently broadcast during the Westminster protest cruise past Parliament to protest against the DEFRA cuts to the waterway. As many will know, I have been involved with this campaign and protest and the next stage is due for the weekend of 3rd and 4th of March. Click here for the interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home