Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wind again!

I know the weather has been a bit extreme lately but the wind has simply not stopped and since I've arrived!

My satellite dish, whilst clinging on to the mast, simply keeps getting blown out of line so I've given up with it and gone back to the terrestial aerial.
I spent much of the day working! Cleaned, installed a small aerial for my radio as I couldn't pick up classic FM and visited Trinity marina to return some keys only to be told that due to the number of people who have been returning keys and leaving, they have run out of money so will need to send a cheque! I thought it was funny when I walked in on a conversation between the marina staff and a boater from the marina who was telling them all about his summer cruise holiday he has booked, I overheard him say, "These narrowboats are OK but they're a bit claustrophobic to be out on all summer, so we prefer a nice large cruise liner!" Me thinks he's missed the point!
Well, the exciting news is that I managed to iron all my work clothes for next week whilst running the engine and still managed to get the battery banks back up to 100% this evening - this means I don't have to do my ironing in school next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home