Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wind and power!

Well, spent much of last night being blown about in the gales and much of the night up on the roof fixing things down to prevent them being blown away! My TV aerial and satellite dish were blown out of alignment!

I am now the proud owner of one of the little beauties pictures above - it's nice to come home and simple start up the genny to get all the 240V power I could reasonably want. Doesn't quite stretch to charging the batteries but with it taking much of my domestic requirements off the battery bank and onto the 240V system, my battery bank hardly gets tickled and so a quick engine run in the evening soon sorts them out! Ironic really that these two previous paragraphs have been put in the same post as I know many will immediately be thinking of wind turbines. Certainly, this marina would be a great place for one but personally, I don't like the sight of them on boats and have heard too many horror stories of vibration caused by them.

At least I can feel that I am currently seeing it in the worst possible conditions, weather and time of year; if I can get through this and still see it as a prime boating location and facility - it will be amazing in the spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home