Monday, January 01, 2007

On the move!

Well, this is my first post officially from my 3G datacard thanks to T-mobile! I am currently moored up at bridge 3 on the Ashby Canal en route to the new Brinklow Marina. There was almost a fight at Trinity for my end mooring but in the end it went to Chell and Sally on NB Chell's Dream. Many turned out to say goodbye and some even honked their horns as I left - I assume as a gesture of farewell rather than of good ridance! It was almost emotional leaving the marina as it has served me well for the past 4 years but one has to move on to pastures new when the opportunity arises. Delivering my car to Brinklow this afternoon and the wind was howling round the marina whipping up white horses - it is going to be very wild! There are currently no electricity facilities or pump out facilities and only one hosepipe delivering water - I feel a little of the pioneering spirit of our early predecessors of those who were involved in the early restoration of much of the system as we know it.

Well, tomorrow I hope to get deisel and a pump out at the newly taken over Rose Narrowboats before popping towards Braunston, (weather permitting,) for a canapy repair at A J. Canopies. Right now, I'm going to relax in front of the roaring log fire with a good drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home