Friday, December 08, 2006

Boater's Phone Company

Some years ago I had a chance conversation with the Boater's Phone Company at the Crick show. I wanted some advice on using my mobile as a modem. I remember coming away thinking they were very unhelpful and rather 'brash' with me. I have had no communication since then until last week when I phoned for some advice regarding the 3G aerials they sell for laptop datacards. They told me what I needed and I duely placed an order and was told it would be with me by Wednesday 6th December. Wednesday came and went and a phone call confirmed that one part of the order wasn't in stock and that it had now arrived and would be despatched immediately to arrive in time for the weekend. It is now Friday evening and still no aerial! I phoned today at lunchtime and a somewhat apathetic gentleman told me that it had been sent on Wednesday and should be with me by now. I was told to ring back again if it hadn't arrived by Monday. I phoned back in the afternoon several times to ask if they could chase it and noone answered the phone. A voicemail message was left but to date noone has bothered to reply.

This confirms my first experience with the Boater's Phone Company and my advice to anyone who wishes to order is to look around and don't just go straight to the BPC!

I will, of course, post details of if and when it finally arrives. I notice that the money was debited from my account early in the week.

A weekend ahead of me writing Christmas cards and relaxing ready for the final 2 hectic weeks at school and then the Christmas break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home