Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Internet switch!



OK, I have changed my internet provider! By popular recommendation from many boaters and due to reasons I will divulge at a later date, (that's got you going hasn't it!) I have changed to a more 'roaming' based internet provider. The service I used to have was great for the marina but only based in the marina. By using 3G from T-mobile I can now get very fast broadband speed connections out on the cut as well which is a huge advantage. Where 3G is not available it will automatically switch down to a GPRS service which still allows email and basic browsing functionality. This should mean that I can update my blog more frequently, and even when out cruising, with more immediate and 'live' pictures being posted.
Took a while to set up as the card was conflicting with a modem on the laptop but as soon as we discovered this and disabled that modem, the system was fine and is now working a treat. Watch this space.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home