Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mud, glorious mud!

Well, what a lot of rain we've been having lately! At least the car drive way around the perimeter is fine and well done with firm road planings rolled in. This morning, a few of us decided to go and cut up dome logs from a fallen tree in the marina. 2 chain saws and a maul, 1 and a half hours later and we were taking our 2nd Landrover full back to the boats - only this time, the mud got the better of us and the Landrover sunk! Much wedging of planks and logs to try and free it was to no avail and so we had to be unceremonously pulled out by a dumper truck! Phil and Anne from NB 'Wot-ever-next' arrived to join us today and so the full compliment of caretaker boats is almost complete. On taking Phil back to collect his car, I passed a dozen or more Landrovers and a tractor and trailer made up with bales of straw as seats all blocking the lane - a local pheasant shoot was in full swing! Cathiron Lane is beginning to flood all-be-it not too bad.

My engine ran from 9.00 this morning to about 3.00 this afternoon in order to get it back up to 100% so I spent most of the rest of the day wiring everything possible into the 12volt system to save running the inverter. Fortunately the TV signal is so strong, I can use the TV in the saloon off the 12V system and with no signal boosters. I need to somehow get my electricity useage down so that I only need to run the engine for a maximum of about 2 hours a day - I'll let you know how I get on. I cancelled my standing order to Trinity today. I'm going to have to take rubbish into school to be disposed of - good job I have a pump-out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home