Thursday, January 04, 2007

Home moving!


I am finally in my new marina! Cruised up from Braunston today after a full fried breakfast, stopped to top up the water tanks at Newbold Tunnel and finally arrived at Brinklow Marina at 4.00pm as the sun was setting. The wind was kind to me and getting in and berthed was a very simple affair. The bottom picture, (above,) shows me entering the new marina and the top picture shows my final resting place, (for the moment anyway!) It was a beautiful entrance with a deep red sun sinking over the surrounding countryside and even a rainbow was visible as I finally tied off. Currently there are no mooring cleats so the rope has to be passed round the entire pontoon with the use of a boathook to pull it through and prevent getting wet arms. I am in reach of a mains water hosepipe but no electrics appear iminent and so engines need to be run for several hours each day to keep the battery banks topped up. I am the 5th residential/caretaker boat in the marina to date and one other non-res.boat has arrived to berth.
The pictures above seem slightly pixelated but I think they are better if you click on them and view them full size, (I hope,) I am reducing them to save on bandwidth uploading. The good news is that I get an excellent satellite signal for the TV and and 100% signal on the digital box in the back cabin along with currently 3 bars of 3G signal so all is looking good.
I'm off to walk Simba round to see how quiet it is over the other side of the marina and then tomorrow I'm off to explore the loacal shops and find my way to the supermarket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home