Sunday, January 07, 2007

Wild and lonely!

The wind has been banging us all about all night and all day and things have been flying off the roof of the boat. Just heard voices outside and a man leading a horse and a lady leading a dog were walking round the marina! It's a very lonely place at the moment. I've got a rolled, stuffed pork roll in the oven and have spent much of the day washing the outside of the boat and looking back through the canal log books from childhood holidays!

I think I've now got the engine charging down to about two and a half hours which is going to be the best I can do. I have to say, the last thing after a stressful day at work I'm going to feel like is sitting down with the boat shaking and the roar of the engine charging the batteries every evening for two and a half hours but hey - I keep telling myself, it's only short term.

Well, I've worked out a system of taking the next days clothes into school each day so that I can iron them there and then bring them home again to wear the following day as my inverter and battery bank certainly won't cope with an iron! I have a plentiful supply of logs on the roof and a rapidly diminishing fuel supply due to the amount of engine running necessary. What I'm saving currently on mooring fees, I'm going to more than make up for in fuel bills! Ah well, better go and take Simba out for a walk before it gets too dark!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home