Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Alternator!

I reported yesterday that my battery light was lit on the dash board and indicated a concern for the alternator not charging. I was right! Martin, the engineer from Willow Park, (Nigel's yard,) up the Ashby very kindly popped in to check things out and declared one of the alternators faulty. A return trip on Saturday has been booked to replace the alternator and service the engine at the same time – I’ll keep you posted.

The weather forecast for the next couple of days is pretty dire and I have to say, I’m hoping they are wrong! Serious winds have been forecast with gusts in excess of 50-60 MPH are expected, I am wondering whether to take my TV aerial mast down and the satellite dish off or chance it and see how it fairs- certainly if the predictions come true, there will be some serious damage somewhere for sure. The last 2 days have been lovely in the marina with owls being heard, pheasants squarking and fluttering out of bushes, swans swimming across the calm waters, barmy mild temperatures, beautiful sunsets and sun rises and hardly a breeze of wind. I think we’ve now seen the marina in the best weather and the worst weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home