Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow!







Good job I didn't suggest yesterday that the forecast of heavy snow might not be true! Woke up this morning at 5.30 and there was no snow at all, woke up again for the final time at 6.30 and there was a light dusting, by the time I was leaving to drive in to school it was coming down heavy and the road was quite dangerous. Half way in to school some of the staff started ringing to say that they had heard announced on the radio that our school was closed - neither I, nor the Head knew that or had made a final decision! The decision was made to remain shut and I continued into school. At about 9.30 we decided no more phone calls were likely and so locked up and left for home - an interesting journey!
I decided to make the trip up to Rose Narrowboats for a pump-out to save me one job on Saturday. Another boat had already gone through breaking the ice for me so I dolled myself up and left. 45mins. later I was at Rose. It was only at this point that I realised I had left my cards and wallet in my car back in the marina! Fortunately they know me so allowed me to continue and when I got home I travelled back to pay, (although I had to be pushed up the hill to get out of their driveway!)
On returning home, I went out with Simba to take a load of pictures and take him for a long walk. The middle picture above shows my driveway! Well not quite but it is the view of Cathiron Lane - the entrance in and out of the marina. The other two show my trip to get a pump out - exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home