Friday, February 09, 2007

More snow!

Well, today school was open for business as usual but this afternoon heralded the arrival of more snow. Just about the end of the school day and the snow started coming down more heavily yet again. I came home as soon as possible and just in time as I couldn't get up the driveway into the marina due to the ice and snow, 4th time lucky and I made it to the top and parked safely! This evening the temperature was rising and the snow is turning to sleet so I don't expect it to hang around much longer. Next week is getting shorter by the day!

My father has a TV interview on Thursday next week with the BBC about John Newton - all part of the slave trade abolition anniversary this year, they will be sending a taxi to wherever we are on the canal for him but it does mean we will loose a days cruising. I have asked if I can go along to pass time and they have agreed so should be interesting day. This does mean that we probably won't get to Banbury now but we have a box to make to cacoon my generator in and a few other little jobs as well as me having plenty of school work to do so should be kept busy. It is a nice feeling not to have to go and get a pump-out tomorrow but have to spend the day sorting out/cleaning the boat ready.

I really can't get to grips with this satellite dish!! I had a signal quality up to three quarters but since coming back in, I can't get it even a quarter high. I must have spent hours in total in the snow and rain trying to tune it in but to no avail. I have now given up and am using the freeview box to watch Frost! I have one of those finder boxes with the bleeping buzzer and the flashing lights but that doesn't seem to do much - surely someone should must do a fancy digital one that makes setting it up easily and idiot proof - just for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home