Sunday, February 18, 2007

Half term - day seven!


The final day of half term! Without question, the anticipation of a holiday is far greater than the actual holiday itself - certainly the anticipation lasts longer; I'm already starting to anticipate the Easter break: I have the next 6 weeks to anticipate a holiday lasting only 2 weeks!

This afternoon I went for a long walk up the Oxford with Simba. Walked up to all the boats moored at 'All Oak's Wood' and stopped to have a chat with the owner of NB 'More to Life' before returning. I had to pause at the car park where everyone feeds the birds and took 50 or so pictures of Blue Tits and Long Tailed Tits flitting around before taking a gentle stroll back home to water/feed my roof boxes. I have posted a couple of pictures from the walk.

I am now sitting here typing this with the side cratch rolled up, the side hatch wide open and not a sound but the background music of Classic FM coming from my radio - bliss! Simba is curled up asleep on his chair in froont of a low burring fire but I'll leave him to tell you about his day in his blog! I have the last 2 or 3 logs ready to go on the fire this evening when the temperature drops and then it's over to coal for the remaining season. I have decided to let the fire out during the daytime from now on and re-light it each evening when I get home. I know this means more work in the evenings but the temperature shouldn't drop now to anything that will cause Simba problems and I really want to start saving coal and feeling optimistic about the warmer weather coming on! Talking of warmer weather, not only did I pass a large field of lambs today but right opposite there was a tree bursting with catkins. I have a glass on my dining table with some buds and 'pussy-willow' in, to act as my Springometer! It is nice now to still have relative daylight until anything between 5.30 and 5.45pm. The barmy spring evenings sitting or standing outside the boat with a glass of wine chatting to good company, (the neighbours,) doesn't seem too far away but then.....maybe I'm being a tad too optimistic for the middle of February in England!

2 Comments:

At 3:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
When I first read this blog I thought How did Moore 2 Life get up there last week they were in Devizes. then I had another look and found it was more to life.
All the best
Maureen Davies

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Yes, I've seen 'Moore 2 life' before but this was deffinately 'More to life'! Confusing eh! At least there's only one 'Khayamanzi' to my knowledge, (although there is a 'Kayamanzi' in the form of a wooden cruiser on the Thames owned by one of the lock keepers, but that's just their spelling error ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home