Friday, February 16, 2007

Half term - day five!

OK, I'm back in the marina with 3 bars of 3G service. Decided, in light of my 'brush with fame' yesterday to publish a picture of my brother 'hob-nobbling' with another star recently - I think he felt he had to compete!

Left Napton at 9.00 this morning in decidedly 'iffy' weather and the rain came down just before Hillmorton locks; enough time for me to go below and do some ironing and make some lunch! Large scale towpath works made locking through Hillmorton interesting to say the least with squeezing between barriers and over tools etc. Stopped at Napton Narrowboats for diesel and gas and caught up with Brian from NB Noggin and more recently NB Raffles at Trinity Marina, he too has left Trinity for a better life!

Another stop at Rugby for a trip to Halfords in order to purchase a cheap fifty quid radio/CD unit to replace the one at the helm of the boat which has finally succumbed to one downpour too many. Finally arrived back at Brinklow at about 4.00pm in a dead calm with no rain or wind at all. 850 pounds lighter and half an hour later and I was collecting my car from a rather horrendous garage bill - but at least I know it is all working well now. Last year, I bought a Sony Ericsson K750i mobile phone - don't bother! It is totally useless in making or recieving calls but great in all the daft areas I don't want. I have constantly complained to Orange about it's lack of ability to pick up a signal anywhere and finally today they agreed to replace it for me with another make/model of my choice so I'm off to browse the Orange phone shop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home