Sunday, February 25, 2007

Stuff the gym!

Firstly today, I have posted a picture of some lovely scenery! Found during my walk with Simba and just longing to be photographed as an indication of just how disgusting that species called 'homo-sapians' are. I am unaware of any animal in the kingdom that fouls it's own living area quite as much as people do - in fact, quite the contrary; most animals are extremely clean and tidy by nature, even going to the extent of removing waste and depositing it well outside and away from their immediate living are. What is it then, that makes humans to be so opposite when we are supposed to be the most intelligent species?


Just read in country walking magazine that evidence now conclusively proves that owning a dog is better for you than going to the gym! Apparently research has revealed that dog walkers cover an average of 676 miles each year walking their dog over the life of the dog compared to gym-goers who only knock up 468 miles! Dog walkers are alos more determined with 92% sticking to their routine whilst half of gym-goers end up back on the couch after a couple of months - try telling that to this dog.........
Anyway, the fire is lit, the wine is poured, Classic FM is playing and so for now at least - I'm at peace with the world, I just wish the world was at peace with me..........



4 Comments:

At 3:35 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.

I read your comments on rubbish dumped and I could not agree more, it is absolutely disgusting.
Who needs the gym when you have the towpat and a dog lol. I walk Paddy twice a day and Keith walks him in the evening, so we are getting the miles in.
I am sorry I ave not been on much life is very hectic with our new boat, she is going into the paintshed next week yayyyyyyy.
Have a fun weekend..... Jo x

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there. Wow! you must be very excited, You'll have to send me a picture of the shiny new paintwork so I can add you to my contacts page. Paddy sounds a lucky dog- it's amazing that the RSPCA still won't re-house dogs with boaters, suck ignorance is astounding.

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.
We are very excited her diary addy is www.hadar.org.uk We met on Tixel last year if you remember we were on Misty Lady. Well Misty Lady is now for sale with Longport Brokerage, so we hope for a quick sale. We ave enjoyed having her, but now it is time to move on to our dream boat soon.
Paddy like Simba is lucky to live on a boat. We got him from the Border Collie Trust at Rugeley and they ad no problems with him coming to live on a boat. I did not realise the RSPCA will not house dogs with boaters, seems a little odd as boat make great homes and the dogs get to run te towpaths everyday. Anyway Paddy loves life afloat.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Jo xx

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Yes, I remember you well.I look forward to meeting you on board Hadar soon! I have your blog in my favourates and visit you often to check progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home