Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What a life!

Life cannot get much better right now! I wake up in the morning to the sounds of the birds and watch the sun gently rise over the fields. Walk the dog along the canal and inspect the leaves and blossom budding. I return home after work and immediately feel the blood pressure dropping as I step out of the car and return to the boat along the canal. A glass of wine watching the red ball of sun slowly sinking behind the trees, feeds the little group of ducks that appear at my side hatch, cook my dinner, take the dog for another long walk listening to the owls and that's my evening done!

Lovely location, fascinating company to chat to each day as boats pass by - what can be better?

A couple of evening Easter performances at work over the next 2 days mean the routine will bve shattered and Waterworld will be missed on Thursday. The other day, I purchased the varnish/wood stains, brushes, sandpaper etc to rub down and re-stain my window-sills, side hatches and rear doors. Today I ordered the 'roses' transfers to replace the decoration on the doors once re-varnished. This is a job I plan to do next week weather permitting. Right now, I'd better find the dog who has spent the evening lying down outside the boat back doors and shut the generator down for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home