Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter holiday - final day!






Missed yesterday as it was hectic for the following reasons! Yesterday, we worked our way up the Atherstone flight towards home. At around lock 3 of the flight, I got a phone call from some staff at school to say that over Easter there had been some vandelism and graffiti to the school and my car! My heart sank and the rest of the Atherstone flight was spent ringing the police, ringing my Head and attempting to negotiate the lock flight. Obviously it took the edge of the last day and I just wanted to get back and see what the damage was. This was not helped by the dreary trip from the top of the Atherstone flight along the Coventry Canal Corridor through Nuneaton and Bedworth attempting to avoid the rubbish and debris together with attempting to avoid all eye contact with the extremely dubious looking 'lads' and 'ladettes' loitering under bridges. We eventually arrived back at Brinklow and turned into the marina at about 6.30pm. Bill came and took us into my school so that I could collect my car and assess the damage. Not as bad as I originally thought with only a small amount of silver spray over the bonnet and specks of red paint over the doors. Apparently, the cleaners spent some time washing it off as soon as they spotted it which was kind. Picked up the car and took my father over to Hinckley to collect his car. On the return journey to Brinklow we bought a Chinese meal as it wa snow too late to cook and neither of us could be bothered anyway! This morning, the sun was shining and the temperature was soaring so I did some shopping and took the boat out the front to do various jobs. I am now moored just outside the marina in a beautiful location and may well decide to commute from there next week as the car is safely in the marina and it's only a short walk up to it. Monday 23rd April, (St. George's day,) I have my boat booked for its first ever Boat Safety Certificate at 4.00pm. Watch this space!! I spent the day today sticking little signs all over the place to warn of battery, gas, fuel shut off switches etc and bolting 2 snap clips onto the bulk head inside the gas locker to take a retsraining chain for the cylinders - even though the cylinders are so tight in the locker, they can't possible fall over! Tomorrow, I plan to relax - something I've not done a huge amount of lately despite being on a very relaxing holiday - work that out! I've posted a picture above that show the extremely dirty and dreary Coventry canal! This picture shows my current mooring space along the North Oxford, outside the marina.
I have also posted a screen capture of todays weather and tomorrows temperatures!I posted it simply as I won't believe it in years to come when I look back- 22 degrees in Mid April!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home