Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter holiday - Day five




Two totally non boating pictures today! I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my brothers new car - a posh thing that costs almost the same as my boat! A good couple of days with him visiting and he finally left at about 4.00 this afternoon. I'm now waiting for my father to arrive VERY late this evening before we move off tomorrow. Lovely weather, bank holiday weekend and everyone crawls out of the woodwork! The Battlefield moorings are full this evening with boats that haven't moved for years. It's fascinating to listen to the conversation between gongoozlers and boaters who never move their boat except in sunny weather - the most rubbish information is imparted from these supposed 'knowledgable' and 'experienced' boaters! Today, I've heard the wrong directions of where the canal leads to, the wrong distances given to the end of the Ashby and the wrong information as to the current state of restoration of the Northern reaches!
Job wise, I did manage to straighten my rear fender and touch up an annoying scratch on the cream band round the hull - that's about it! The rest of the day was spent dozing, chatting and reading outside the boat being entertained by the myriad of 'interesting' methods of mooring displayed!
Tomorrow evening, I hope to update the blog from a new location somewhere around the Atherstone Flight I should imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home