Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back home!




Well, I have returned to inside the marina after my spell outside. Had a lovely relaxing morning sitting by the boat but the weather forecasters got it wrong again and this morning it was overcast and positively chilly so I went back in earlier than expected. Took the canoe out for a long paddle up to Rose Narrowboats and back. I Feel good for it but with aching muscles! I have posted a couple of pictures today of seriously shoddy workmanship! It seems as if every Tom, Dick and Harry who thinks they have any knowledge of anything vaguely related to boats, caravans or indeed cattle troughs has now entered the boat building market! These 2 pictures show welds which quite frankly are a disgrace to the workman who made them. This one is even down the cabin sides!
It now appears that even boat building has lost the pride of those past engineers. I know there are still some quality builders out there and I had the joy of seeing a beautiful replica Woolwich 'Star' class boat with an outstanding sounding 'National' engine moor up along side me the other day. The boat was called Adrastea, (sorry Jane, I can confirm there is now definately another Adrastea on the cut!) and I spent some time chatting to the lucky and extremely proud owners. My apologies to all those people who have left me messages recently and I haven't posted them. I'm afraid, the one downside outside is that I was only able to get a GPRS signal and this meant that some of the messages left didn't come through. My roast pork joint was cooked today in the knowledge that ALL the gas leaving the cylinder was arriving at the intended destination! I have packaged up a copy of the certificate and will, tomorrow, post it to the inspector for his scrutinee. Hopefully by the bank holiday, I might have my Boat Safety Certificate - watch this space. School is closed on Thursday for polling and then again on Monday for the bank holiday. I plan to take the boat back out to the front if the weather is good on Thursday so that I can sit in the sun and spend the day writing school reports and then on Saturday the plan is to head Braunston direction for the bank holiday weekend.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, I came to your blog through a google search on "adrastea". My name is Xavier and I have lived the last couple of years cruising the midlands, but now live and work in holland.


My mate jono and I first saw Adrastea on our way back from the pub, we were moored in Brinklow. It was love at first sight. We had to touch the steel, take our time to appreciate the lines. There might have been some boat hugging going on... I cant remember, it was dark and we were drunk. Anyway, we always keep an eye for her now, last I saw her she was moored near Radford semele. Sadly enough she seems to be more of a leisure craft than a liveaboard...


There - sligtly useless message - but its good to see that I am not the only thinking she is gorgeous!

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and thanks for the comment - boy, you really have rummaged through the old posts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home