Saturday, April 28, 2007

Leeks!

I have posted a picture of my leeks! I use the word 'leeks' in plural as the Corgi engineer today found loads! I have spent my entire day at Rose Narrowboats being 'sniffed' for gas! The main leak was from a loose joint in the back of my saucepan cupboard, another leak was found in the joint above the solid fuel stove, (!) one in the bulkhead and a leaky valve from the cylinder!! At least they are all sorted now and I have a very official looking bit of paper that says it's all safe.Now I have topost it to the BSS inspector who will post me the certificate, (hopefully,)! Apparently the heat from the stove often causes the joint above it to expand and contract and work loose but the rest should not be there on a 4 year old boat. We expect they have been there since the start and therefore the Recreational Craft Directive should not have been issued when new - thanks again NBC, it makes the fire I had on board even more worrying and sinister if true, although it could never be proven.

Took on diesel and water whilst there and returned to my favourate spot out the front of the marina for the night. The plan is still to go back into the marina at some point tomorrow afternoon/evening.

2 Comments:

At 11:41 am, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy.
Oh heck. How lucky were you and Simba in all of this. I dread to think of the consequences. It makes you realise how important it is to have things checked regularly.
Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Alarm?
I wish you and Simba a wonderful weekend.
Hugsssssss Jo

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I actually have 2 Carbon monoxide detectors icluding one that gives a visual readout of the amount so you can monitor if it ever starts to rise.

It does make you wonder if I am unique or if there are a lot more boats out there with very dodgy systems due to very dodgy builders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home