Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Selective efficiency

I have come to the conclusion that the offices within British Waterways have a learning difficulty! So many parents nowadays what labels for their children to band around in the playground and I'm going to proudly announce to the world that BW has the Special need of, what I will term, 'Selective Efficiency'. Less than 24 hours after my BSS failure and I receive a phone call from a very pleasant lady from BW informing me that they have been notified of the failure of my BSS and asking me what I was going to do about it - how fantastically efficient, however, on the other hand they seem totally incapable of efficiently and effectively monitoring and policing the myriad of vessels roaming our waterways unlicenced, uninsured and 'homeless'. It seems to me to be a case of those who are law abiding get heavily policed and those who aren't get away with everything and anything - I guess the only way of bumping up statistics is to hound those who are 'in' the system as finding those who are 'out' of the system is simply not financially viable or time/cost effective - ummmm, now I'm thinking!!

This morning, after singing the praises of 'Fuel Set' fuel conditioner, my Eberspacher refused to fire up at all. This evening, I got it going and have now been running it for the last hour and intend running it until about 10.00-10.30 in the hopes of giving it a jolly good burn through and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, I'll have no option but to impart hundreds of hard earned and increasingly diminishing pounds into the pockets of some guy who just happens to have the 'right tool for the job' and the certificate hanging on the wall from Eberspacher as his licence to print money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home