Friday, May 11, 2007

Busy, busy!

A very busy weekend ahead! I have had to decline the offer of meeting up with friends over the weekend as I simply have too much to do. Next week is Sats week at school for year 6 and I have a lot of reading to do to make sure I understand any exam changes as well as more work writing the little darlings' reports in addition to all the boat jobs that need doing in addition to visiting a garden centre to start preparing for my summer rooftop display. The theme this year is mixed petunias again but with a few geraniums or fuschias added in. I also want to get a couple of tubs and make a some nice displays for areas in the marina.

Sitting here now with the rain lashing down, (in fact it hasn't stopped for the last few hours,) and a fire roaring in the stove. The washing has finished and Simba is curled up asleep on the chair in front of the fire. Next weekend, my father is planning to visit as he has to be in the area anyway and he should be bringing my summer flowers up to plant so I also want to clear out all my rooftoptubs from the, now very dead, winter pansies in readiness.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 pm, Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hi Andy...
I do not envy you with the Sats coming up. Teaching is I think a nightmare these days.... So good luck.

Maybe we will see you and your new flower display this summer once we are on the move. if it is anything like last years it will be fantastic, so happy planting..
Enjoy your weekend.
Woof to Simba from paddy....

 
At 7:09 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Sorry Jo - I'm really slacking with moderating the comments.Todays entry should confirm that summer has started and the plants are in. It would be great if our paths cross in the summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home