Wednesday, May 23, 2007

2 days to go!

A VERY hot day today! Dare I say it but in my humble opinion - too hot! The forecast is cooler, windier and wetter weather from the weekend which would be just about right as that's when I leave to go walking. Got home from work this evening and wandered down with Simba along the towpath out the front. Had a long and fascinating chat to some boats moored up there and was excited to see the beautiful Braidbar no. 100 on it's way to Crick. Called a quick acknowledgment to the young couple steering it over the awesome thud, thud of the power plant, pushed the green eyed monster back in and returned back to my good ol' Liverpool boat!

Darren from C & K Narrowboats is coming in either tomorrow or Friday morning to move my freezer from its current location in the engine room to its new home under the locker in, what will bea modified, Pullmans dinette locker. I spent the evening emptying out said locker in readiness for the excitement and anticipation of this work, (just read this back - boy, I must get out more!)

I have a series of LED colour strip lights that I have used in various places around the boat during the summer. They run off a transformer that steps 240V down to 12V. It suddenly dawned on me that if I cut the transformer off, I can wire a cigar socket on the end and run them straight off the 12V system - I have now done so and positioned the lights in their usual summer location under my rapidly growing flowers on the roof.

I do plan to take my laptop on holiday with me but not sure what sort of signal I will get in the Peak District so next week, postings may be sparodic, (no change there then!)

Tomorrow, my father arrives with our borrowed caravan and in the evening my brother arrives with his dog! I will then look after his dog for the night while he stays in a posh hotel courtesy of his company andmy father will stay in the caravan to test it all out. On Friday, my brother will arrive in the afternoon to take over the boat for the week and I, and my father, will leave in the evening for our holiday with Simba - boy; what a complicated life!

I noticed from the Snecklifter blog that my friends Derek and Dot Canvin on their boat NB Gypsy Rover have recently passed by here. Such a shame I missed them but I have emailed to say so and hopefully our paths may cross over the summer or at some time in the near future.

4 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Andy and Simba,

Hope you are all well and having a great camping trip with your father. I look forward to reading about your trip and all of the adventures. I think I remember a picture from last year's trip of Simba climbing over a stone wall.

Best wishes,

Mark

 
At 6:06 pm, Blogger Mo said...

Aha, spotted you twice in Braunston?
Once going in from the N.Oxford and five minutes later going out on the N.Oxford.
You did the right thing, the rain got us big-time.

Mo
nb.Balmaha, north of Braunston

 
At 10:56 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Mo,
glad you spotted Khayamanzi - unfortunately it would have been my brother and not me steering. I hope he did OK! Yes, he did complain of getting soaked at one point, I guess that was the day!

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Mark,
WOW! what a great memory you have - you win the 'most dedicated fan' award! I have published a brief account of the trip and yes, it was great. Now, I have to wake Simba for him to do his....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home