Thursday, June 14, 2007

General ramblings!

I have spent the past week sniffling, sneezing and wheezing thanks to some extremely viscious pollen grains floating around and being brought on board by Simba! Spent much of the last few nights with the doors and hatches wide open sitting up in bed over dosing on Salamol asthma inhalers - as ever, this has now hit my chest and I'm hacking well and croaking at the children in school which they find very amusing!

I have posted a flyer for Brinklow Marina which can be clicked on and then printed off, if anyone wants the contact number or details - it's filling up quickly now but there are still moorings available if you get in quick; it's not hard to see why it's popular in such a glorious location. I certainly have seen the marina in some glorious evenings lately with a magnificent red fiery ball of a sun sinking gently below the rolling Warwickshire hills and fields.

The weekend plans to be spent finishing off reports and doing jobs! The forecast is not great and indeed this afternoon and evening the rain has hammered down and looks set to do so tomorrow - a good weekend for working and staying on board I feel.

The weekend of 23rd June I'm hosting a bar-b-q on the bank out the front for my work colleagues and friends. It's a kind of 'Post Ofsted' thing and will give them all a chance to see the boat. I have got a backup plan with gazebos but really would like some good weather as I don't do social things much and on the rare occasion that I do, I want it to go well!

You see it all on the Oxford - it's certainly more exciting than the Ashby.Following on from my post about the abusive Rose day boat, the other night I was walking Simba along the towpath when I was alerted to 2 CanalTime boats apparently towing. There was a lot of shouting and yelling from one boat to the other and it was only when they passed me that I realised that they weren't towing rather occupied by loutish groups who felt it funny to see how close the could get to the boat in front. With that and the fleet of 5 Willow Wren boats I saw the other day swarming with kids in life jackets standing and climbing all over the roof - 3 of which hit the wall instead of turning the boat into the bend, it's amazing there aren't more serious accidents.

I am thoroughly enjoying meeting new people on the Oxford now. I got to the point where I knew almost everyone on the Ashby and whilst I miss many good friends from there, it is great to have such a greater passing number of boaters to meet and chat to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home