Saturday, June 09, 2007

What a scorcher!

The title says it all today! Temperatures soared to 25 degrees and inside temperatures reached the mid 30's!!

Ofsted is finished and gone, (for those interested - we did very well thank you). The final hurdle was running the school discos last night which, with the aid of plenty of caffeine in the form of Coke, (the legal and drinkable type!), I managed to get through with all the kids dancing and loving every minute of it - I haven't quite lost my old DJing skills yet!

This afternoon I had promised to go off with Norman from next door and help him take his boat for diesel and services. he has only just bought a new boat, having converted from the 'motor caravanning' world and was a bit worried about his first trip out. A beautiful day for it and met Iain and Allison from working boat Gosty Hill. Just had to stop and have a long chat, (apparently they sold 18 bags of coal today!) before completing the return journey home. I took the advantage of re-filling my jerry can with diesel, disposing of a bag of rubbish, changing a gas cylinder and picking up the latest waterway mags whilst there.

Just returned from a very pleasant stroll along the towpath with Simba to enjoy the evening sun. I say pleasant, it was; apart from the 'Rose' dayboat swarming with lager swilling louts which was zig zagging its way back at full throttle, past all the moored boats and blasting its horn to try and make some sort of 'tune' with it. I stood and watched it past, only to be met with a barrage of swearing using hand gestures and testosterone enhanced, severely intoxicated toungues! How I love day boats!!

My summer floral displays on the roof are doing extremely well this year and should be at their peak flowing across the roof and down the tumble-holm of the cabin sides at about just the right time for my main summer trip down the Thames and towards the K & A. I'll post another picture of them soon to chart their growth but I'm almost at the stage of daily dead-heading already!

Due to the sudden arrival of Ofsted in school, the day that was set aside and given over to staff for writing our school reports was spent preparing for the inspection. I will now have to spend much of my weekends for the next 4 or 5 weeks finishing them off in readiness for the deadline of sending them out to parents - oh joy!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 am, Blogger Chas and Ann said...

Perhaps such bad behaviour should be reported to the hire company. The deposit may not then be returned.
We have spent the winter on the K n A. Diesel was a bit expensive at around 60 pence. The locks are heavy but several very old ones have now, at last, been replaced. Stock up at Newbury and Devizes. Bradford on Avon is a lovely town to head for.

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there and thanks for the comment. I normally do report them actually but it was very late and tried to phone but couldn't get through. I did consider going up there but didn't really feel like meeting the peoplein question!

Many thanks for the great advise re the K & A - only 5 more weeks to go.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home