Thursday, June 28, 2007

I need a holiday!

I am sitting here typing this at 8.45pm, hardly able to keep my eyes open and with a million thoughts racing round my head! Every night this week I have left work at 6.30 or later, I think I've had one short 10 minute break for lunch and not a single tea break all week! I have returned home, completed the usual chores and finally sat down to plan tomorrows lessons at about 8.30 each evening - only finishing at around 10.00-10.30 to go to bed!! It has been one heck of a week and anyone who teaches year 6, (the oldest children at primary level,) in the summer term knows exactly what hard work they can be as they 'stretch their wings' ready for secondary school. Add to that, the general mele of sports days, induction days, open evenings, end of year productions, report writing and general tiredness of all, and you have a certain recipe for stress!!

Tomorrow, we have the summer fayre after school into the evening and then the weekend heralds the final 3 weeks of survival. The forecast is dreadful! Yet again, the wind has ripped all my flower blooms off, yet again the rain has lashed down and beaten them flat, yet again have I had to shut up the windows and side hatches and yet again have I had to run the central heating in the evenings. To cap it all, I got home from work tonight and Simba had carefully rolled back the dust sheet I put on my bed to stop him getting the duvet dirty and been sick all over the duvet.I have now had to srip the bed, sponge down the duvet, put fresh linen on the bed and run the washing machine and consequently the engine for the past 2 hours!

Oh joy! Well, at least I have a nice quiet weekend of work to look forward too after tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home