Sunday, July 08, 2007

Busy weekend!

A busy but satisfying weekend!

Having reported yesterday on the accomplished jobs in readiness for my holiday, I can add to the list today! This morning I went and got a pump out and diesel, returned home with a new tiller bar and handle! I then spent time trying to drill out the holes for the tiller pin and varnish the handle which is drying on my dining room table as I speak. My old tiller bar was very scratched and had a little too much play on the top of the swan neck, this one is tighter, more polished and slightly longer which means I can stand more comfortably in the back 'atch to steer.

I have also cleaned out all the brass runners where the hopper windows slot into as there was the beginnings of a mould accumulation in them. In addition, I've dusted down the outside of the boat and 'T-cutted' out some scratches as well as steam jetted the sinks to unblock the skin fittings and steam cleaned/defrosted my fridge!

Next week, I have all the inside jobs to do and the weather can do what it pleases. A glorious and sunny weekend but as I sit and type this, the rain is, once again, lashing down against the cratch. Whilst out today, I picke dup the latest, (August,) edition of Canal Boat magazine and I have to say that they have done an excellent job with the new look. Waterways World always used to be widely recognised as the market leader but I think Canal Boat could well be ahead now, (sorry Richard!) A collection of fascinating and well written articles, including an interesting response to a question regarding the old Brinklow arm where I am based on the Oxford Canal,) make the magazine a very good read - I just hope that the new plethora of personal columnists who they have enlisted, don't become too 'bitchy' and cynical as this will detract from it being a factual and informative publication for enthusiasts.

Anyway, the week ahead sees me meeting my new class for next year on Tuesday as well as taking our current year 6's toalocal high school for a rocket launching activity and a long hike on Friday - whose idea was it to take 100 11 year olds on a hike on Friday 13th July??!!

2 Comments:

At 4:50 pm, Blogger John and Fiona on nb Epiphany said...

What's happened to your feed, Andy? I've had multiple copies of "Busy Weekend" and "Hot, hot, hot!" today. Your fault or mine? Probably someone else, but who?

Happy cruising

John

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Hi there - not sure why this is happening? Keep me posted if it continues, hopefully it's just a glitch. Blogger has started automatically saving posts during publishing and I hope they're not feeding out all the saved versions? Thanks for letting me know though and I'll chase it up if it continues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home