Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lights!

So what do you think? It's amazing how a little light shafting through an open door and out onto the courtyard pavings can make the models come alive!

Keep in mind that these models are still in London at my father's house and not yet embedded into the layount, The gap under the pavement is down to the temporary wiring to get the lights working.




Hopefully these will be installed over Easter.
Bought the castle ruins today and so have that diorama to build at the weekend. Unfortunately everyone seems to be out of the trackside fencing I need to finish one little section so I have to wait for more to come into stock.
I also ordered an applicator yesterday that will enable me to add rust weathering to the edges of the tracks for increased realism. I'm hoping this will arrive in time for the weekend!



2 Comments:

At 8:18 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

Those models look amazing the lights really do add some realism. Your layout is really going to look amazing.

 
At 8:47 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

I hope it looks amazing - thanks! I just hope I don't ruin it whenb installing and weathering them all and adding the details sch as gardens, creepers, walls, fences etc. etc. Still so much to do!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home