Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slowing down

Well, I'm going back to work to slow down. That's how it feels anyway. Railway developments will also slow down to weekends and the occasional evening. That will allow me time to save funds for the next purchases!
This afternoon I have managed to get the point motor to do its job reliably. Changed the cable to thicker stuff and wired it into the accessory outlet of the control rather than a separate transformer and it now seems to work fine. I also cleaned the entire track with meths. and wiggled all the joints and points. Things seem to be runnign much better now although one train has developed an interesting habit of only wanting to work in reverse - I think the chip needs some attention.
I've also managed to paint the base colours to the scenery. Don't worry - they're not staying the way they currently look before I get messages telling me how garish the green is. It's only the base colour, in reallity, very little should show through once I cover it all in flocking and texture it with clumps of bushes and trees etc.

I will be in trouble tomorrow from my accordion teacher though! I'm afraid it's been somewhat neglected this past week or so. My lesson tomorrow will pick me back up again and I'll go for it again from there so it's only a temporary lull. It was good to meet Jill and Graham from NB Matilda Rose this afternoon who popped in briefly. They've just spent the past 2 months or so doing the Leicester Ring with the crew of NB Caxton and it sounds as if they've had a great time full of adventure thanks to the weather!

2 Comments:

At 9:34 am, Blogger D Baynham said...

I think it is looking wonderful, imagination is what it takes to do things and you have it buckets full.

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Thanks - I'm blushing! Very kind of you but let's see if the developments live up to expectations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home