Sunday, February 08, 2009

Big flakes!

So more snow is on the way is it? I think it's here!!


It may not come to much but right now it's impressive! HUGE flakes of snow tumbling out of the sky and as the marina is frozen solid - that too is covered with snow. Aparently this is due to die out during the nigth with a serious bout of the white stuff coming into the Midlands tomorrow afternoon/evening. I love snow and I love the excitement it causes but am getting a bit tired of another week of 'do we or don't we close the school' together with the serious flack we get if we do close and the serious flack we get if we don't!

Watch this space! I've sent another email off this evening to Castle Trains as my order of track has to be confirmed tomorrow if I'm to get it by the weekend and I still haven't heard anything from them regarding how much to order and what will or won't fit on my plan!?

2 Comments:

At 7:34 pm, Blogger D Baynham said...

we live in a horrid time of compensation crazy people, I can understand schools closing, hundreds of kids and snow can lead to broken legs, cold wet kids could lead to hypothermia, Teachers have enough to worry about as it is, and having less 4x4 mums on the road can only be a good thing. The last thing a education department or school want or need is being sued by a unhappy parent because Johnny or Susan fell over going to school or coming home from school.

I remember going to school on the train and the train wouldn't go to that station (the snow was too deep!!!) so we had to walk about a mile and a half and we had to do it as there were teachers on the train commuting in!!!!

Hey I hope you get a snow day or two to do your model railway...

 
At 7:42 pm, Blogger Khayamanzi said...

Someone who understands - thank you!

Yes here's to a snow day or two this week!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home